ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: playback scripts

playback scripts

Hello
    Just discovered the script function in ArtRage to my great delight. However, when I record a script, I can't play it back. How does one do this? Alternatively, is there anywhere I can get a general explanation of how this function works? Can't seem to find it in "Help"...

Thanks!

playback in Artrage ok, but...

Hello again,
    just figured out how to play in Artrage, but how to export to be able to use in a video???

Thanks!

ArtRage only plays, and creates, arscript files. If you're looking to make a video out of one, you'd need to use a screen capture program like Camstudio to record the playback, while it's in progress. Here's an example of a arscript I recorded with Camstudio: http://youtu.be/QeTWbR05YNA
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

recording arscript

Thanks! I figured as much, it's just that the timing between when the script starts and I click on the Camtasia recording is tricky...

bird

Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by rfaulhaber View Post
    Thanks! I figured as much, it's just that the timing between when the script starts and I click on the Camtasia recording is tricky...
    I'd start Camtasia first, then start the playback, so you don't miss anything. There should be a hotkey (this is in Camstudio) that starts the recording, without needing the program visible over ArtRage.

Quote Originally Posted by rfaulhaber View Post
    Good work!
    Thanks.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Would it be possible with Camtasia to record only the painting, and not show the canvas or the Artrage Interface?

Like painting on a cell, but not seeing the checkerboard interface.