ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oldLady

oldLady

First time using artrage. Im very interested in getting into using oil paint traditionaly and wanted to test out the oil brushes art rage has. i look forward to experimening more in the future. I hope you like the painting.

I also have one question if anyone could help me. Does art rage have bristle effects? Im interested in getting more variety from dry brush effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portraitwoman.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	62949  
    Last edited by sdmolyne; 01-14-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Thumbs up

Oh! Something really good looking. I'm impressed by the character of this portrait. I think the white hair looks great with contrast of the red cloth. Very well painted.

Very niceely done painting of a sweet old lady.

I love it, especially after the day I have had with my almost 90 yr. old Mother trying to get an official ID today. She was a trooper though. Aren't they all beautiful! I love the simplicity , background might need some work,But I am a novice,so please don't take offense. What do I know!

Nice painting and welcome! Try using some of the frosted pallet knives with a light touch on a second layer (lay down some scattered spots of color using paste and then apple frost or chaos knives -- it is not quite a dry brush technique, but can add a light textural effect in the same family. Al

Fantastic!
    Really cool combination of blend and harder brush marks.

Look forward to seeing more!

And WELCOME!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very impressive!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

This is just wonderful. I love it.

Love the painting...you can make your own brush heads in artrage or you can import from photoshop,please look at some of the brushes in the art supplies forum,lots of free brushes,papergrains and canvases there... also there is a tutorials page which tells you how to make your own brush heads,its worth a look( Have a look at MR Paints stuff,lots of free goodies there too).The artrage manual also tells you how to do lots of things you dont yet know....hope this info is useful to you,look forward to seeing more of your work....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.