ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: tracing

tracing

hello people,
    should like to know how works tracing image function in artR...,i'm trying to "paint" a image (mountain behind a tree line and a poppy field in front)but when i paint and "eyeclose" the tracing image all i see is plain color i see nothing of the tracing image at all. I'm sure i missed a lot even i read up as much i can but i guess i must be a even so bad reader as i'm a absolute non painter,lol
    if i could have plz some light in my darkness?)

It sounds like you're looking for a clone tool, but ArtRage doesn't have that.

The tracing feature is basically just an overlay of the image, which allows for a user to have an outline of what they wish to draw/paint. With a tracing image in place, the tool may instantly grab any color that is under it when the brush is first set on the canvas, but it will only grab the color when it's initially place. After that, once dragged, it will only smear that single color, blending it with any other color that may have already been put down. The Glitter tool, or the Sticker Spray tool, may come closer to what you were expecting for a result, but the feature wasn't designed as an instant painting device. It's only a means to help move a person in the right direction. It's still up to the user to make the finished image look right. This thread has some more information regarding this.

(Edit) - If you're still interested in how to import Photoshop brushes, this post may be of some help.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 01-06-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thx so much for the light