ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artrage on OQO?

Gallery
    View images

Artrage on OQO?

Out of curiosity, will artrage run on the recently announced (not yet available) OQO 02 tiny computer?

http://www.dynamism.com/oqo02/main.shtml

--- "powered by a 1.5GHz VIA C7M ultra low-voltage CPU"

--- "Video performance, driven by a VIA VX700 with integrated GPU with dynamically allocated RAM"

--- native 800x480 screen resolution and can do 1200x720 or 1000x600 with interpolation

--- it does have an active digitizer (not sure of the level of pressure sensitivity).

Gallery
    View images
    Hmmm.... I'm not sure - I can't answer that. We're very soon going to announce a version of ArtRage designed for the sub-notebook type computer. Stay tuned for more information...
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    That's great news!

Maybe they'll send you a demo PC to work with:
    http://www.oqo.com/about/contact.html

The thing that makes it seem good for Artrage is that it has a wacom active digitizer (presumably with pressure sensitivity) as opposed to a touch screen found in most sub notebooks.

Gallery
    View images
    No there seems to be a problem with it working on the OQO 02, which is the UMPC that I have.

The OQO came with INK ART 1.3 and I thought that was fantastic, it works flawlessly. So I thought I would see about this other program ART RAGE 2.

Well , the problem seems to be when working in landscape mode, when you select new painting, the bottom of the text is cut off, and you are not able to select OK.
    I have enclosed a few picture of what it looks like in all of the 3 res modes on the OQO 02. Bug 1, 2 & 3.

I saw where the problem was when I installed it on my desktop and saw what was needed to click for a new painting.

This was with the free version. I wanted to make sure it would work properly before purchasing the full version (still might purchase it thou).

The reason being that it does work perfectly in portrait mode thou.

Everything is as it should be and all the places where you might have to click are clickable.

But be warned that you have to start new painting in portrait mode, if you start the program in landscape you HAVE to click rotate screen before selecting a new painting.
    If you select new painting and then say "dam forgot to rotate I will do it now" sorry you are still stuck with the error on the screen.(pic included of that also in a reply that I will post right after this one. (Seems 3 pics is the limit per post.)

Can't tell you if any of the features work in full version yet, as I haven't bought it at this time. Unless they want me to test it for them then send me a reg code lol.javascript:emoticon('')
    Very Happy

Once you start a new painting in portrait you can then save and use it in landscape mode and it seems fine... and you can use the program as it should be used, and I am sure you will enjoy this program as much as I am so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug3_255.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	7816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug1_589.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	7818  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Ok here s the rotate error, as you can see the OK button is still not able to be seen . Bad this is that you can not even cancel the action until you force the program to close then reopen it again.

Gallery
    View images
    And finally the way it looks in Portrait mode where all is good...

Gallery
    View images
    There is a version of ArtRage specifically designed for the Ultra Mobile PC form-factor.
    More information is available here.
    http://artrage.com/artrageumpc.html
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thx i didn't see that one just that it was coming. but they're is no way to test it without purchasing it. I don't really like buying things if I'm not sure that it will work properly. Especially software...

But on one bright side, it does look like if it doesn't work it is refundable.
    And once and awhile you have to trust in something. Just ordered it.

But post could still good info for anyone wanting to try the free version with an OQO.

Thx again I wasn't able ot locate the link to the UMPC one.

Gallery
    View images
    Well the full UMPC registered version is doing the same thing as the free trail one was, when I select file new.... so the UMPC version doesnt work correctly either.

But I will tell you one thing this program is very beautiful. And if you can get rid of that one flaw, then it would be perfect.

Basically i think that the template is jiust too large for the umpc to view. it should either be much smaller, or be made to open widthwise(shorter and fatter) instead of lengthwise (lean and tall). Maybe the program could identify what orientation it is in and auto select which template to open for a new painting... something maybe like this for the landscape mode???

Gallery
    View images
    You know what I'm thinking that I got sent the wrong download link and registration codelink and ended up with the full version for the desktop instead of the UMPC one...
    reason being is that on the order page I have the information on the page (pic titled purchase) and on the review page it doesn't have UMPC.(review pic).

Also in the email that I was sent with the reg code it doesn't indicate UMPC anywhere in it just windows?