ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARK of 2012

ARK of 2012

setting off on a new year in a turbulent sea...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARK of 2012.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	431.1 KB 
ID:	62849  

Hahah. Sorry. This reminded me of the cartoon I saw (can't recall where) of Noah's Ark at sea during the flood with Noah and all the animals looking all flustered, trying to catch that dad blasted woodpecker who is pecking holes all over the hull. What made the association for me was how this feels that frenetic and out of control.

I can see that your foray into hard edge taught you some things that you are porting over to the looser style. There's a different quality to your work. Feels thicker, while the colors work together in a way that is a bit reminiscent of your recent work in HE (Hard Edged).

It's as if you took those structured pics and used them as a model and did an abstract expressionist process painting interpretation of that. Out of chaos comes form = a sort of Genesis thing. Before "In the Beginning" was HE. . . er HIM. . . er, HE. . .

I'm so syntactically tangled. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This one is a stand out -- I find the looser geometry and larger color bands to make it easier to "read" as it were. I could easily see this one on my wall at a five by seven foot size! Though I'm not sure if my wife -- a Tommy Kinkade fan, though she has many fine qualities otherwise -- would let me hang up something so bold! (She tends to look regrettably at my own work and would prefer me to tone it down and paint butterflies and flowers)

Gary, bright, bold and beautiful

I like it very much
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

to all many thanks! this started out as just playing around in AR to test loading and texturing with the roller, pen and oil brush on 8-9 layers and some ideas with the knife that Silvy documented, I turned off the canvas light to get flat color for the large blocks of color to provide a scaffold for the other layers.. and I looked at the messing around and took in into PS and voila!.... LOL... I liked the final result ..

AL Thomas Kinkade!.. with all your beautiful work!!!.... wonders never cease..

D Akey... yes the HE will tangle you syntactically... ...I think it is amazing how venturing into an area of painting that is different than the norm breaks open new areas for an artist. Not that you have to copy those works but in working in that structured way helped move me and add to my work a deeper dimension. Still not done with HE but I am seeing "Out of chaos comes form = a sort of Genesis thing." ....

Another brilliant masterpiece and just perfect to bring in the new year....

Yeah reminds me of that great country Europa to be when suddenly

Someone woke up to that old. (. from the Beginning ) Saying

Divide and. You shall. RuLE. Yea verily I say unto you it is true

Such a colourful and joyful ride into the NewYear, great painting Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307