ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brush size adjustment on Wacom tablet

Brush size adjustment on Wacom tablet

I'm not able to get the brush size adjustment to work correctly in ArtRage SudioPro on my new Wacom Intuis 4 Tablet.. I downloaded the latest drivers from Wacom and updated to the newest version of Artrage. Is there a setting or configuration that I may be not finding in the options setting for Artrage.

OSx Lion on a MacBook Pro OSx 10,7,2

If you're trying to adjust the brush size using a tablet control you will need to set it up to use the brush size shortcut keys from ArtRage (or adjust the shortcut keys in ArtRage to match the settings of the tablet). The tablet control panel should show you what key commands the tablet sends when you use the brush size control.

The standard shortcuts for adjusting the brush size in ArtRage are the left and right arrow, so if the tablet is set to send those keys when the control is used, it should work.

If it doesn't could you let me know what control method you're using for adjusting the size and I should be able to help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks

Thank you.. I learned something new about my tablet now with your help

For those that have the Wacom Intuos 4 and want to set up your brush size wheel to work on your MAC.

Goto "System Preferences" under your apple on the top left hand side of the screen

Find "Wacom Tablet" icon (it should be at the bottom in the "Other" row.) This will open your Wacom Tablet configurations options.

Click on the "Functions" icon in the "Tool:" row

Select "Touch Ring" option in the selection bar just below the Application: Row and above the image of the Wacom functions pad.

The Third selection box down is the "Brush Size" Control radial box. Select "Keystroke.." then a configuration box will pull down.

Click in the counter clockwise top box and press the delete button in the drop box until the earlier [ command is gone. Then press the left arrow key (a little arrow line pointing left will show up in the box.)

Click in the clockwise bottom box and press the delete button in the drop box until the earlier ] command is gone. Then press the right arrow key (a little arrow line pointing right will show up in the box.)

Click "OK" and the drop down box with roll up. Click the red x close box and test.

This Wacom Tablet is even better than I expected. The more I use it and get to know how it works the more I love.. It was truly a great Holiday present.

Thanks and enjoy

Thanks for posting the detailed guide! I don't have my Intuos 4 set up currently so I'm glad you were able to work it out.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.