ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Carnival Jester

Carnival Jester

that was 2011.... Happy New Year to everyone ... hope you enjoy this more hard edge work with a twist. used part of a previous paint to incorporate into this one..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carnival jester.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	62818  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 12-31-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Yes, like it very much Gary, I see some men's classie looking ties in this oneGary, I left you a PM

Happy New Year to you too GHX!

This one's a trip. While I am not a lover of pink, it does carry a traditional feeling of 'affection' which is why it is often used for parties, wrapping paper and cards, pink roses and so on. So it feels traditional.

Also the way you have it, it's very clever how you integrated a confetti quality throughout. Very clever that.

And you did it with a sort of rebellious painter (used to be called 'outsider') quality. It straddles. And of course on the stroke of midnight, that's what happens.

Very cool. Your work is getting better and better with all your mileage. And it's coming together. . . but there is always the year to fill up with lots and lots of artistic mileage. May yours be eventful in all the good ways!

PS. Pat got it exactly right (hahahaha) I was immediately thinking ties as well. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Pat... thanks for your comment... I guess we may have some cool mens ties somewhere here.....

D Akey - thanks for your continued elaborations on my work.. I can't tell you how much the dialog is a stimulant and encouragement..... I thought long and hard about the pink pastel qualities here but decided to leave it alone as it seem to fit the mood and occasion.. the confetti was a last minute addition but also added to the mood and seemed to add a little extra spice to the work......

Another bright and colour work Gary, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

thank you Katie...always nice to have you stop by and comment.

Happy New Year Gary! I like the party theme and the use of values.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Gary, love the colors in this one, like it very much

Pat and Neal... sorry I am kind of late on my thanks on this but your comments are always appreciated .. glad you like my New Years party !