ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Little 3D sketch(practice)

A Little 3D sketch(practice)

Trying new ideas out,this is meant to be a bit 3D,I would like any comments good or bad,what do you think?....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	experiment in 3D.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	62768  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Hey Jack! Great design. Very like a storybook character.

I would recommend that since he looks old, owing to the single tooth and some other facial characteristics, that you change the hair color to gray perhaps and then you would have to change the hat band to something other than gray.

That is if he's to look old. If not, then I might suggest putting back his teeth and knocking one of the front ones out. And of course you can make the hair any color at that point.

Are you going to do it in 3D? If so, you might be able to texture map some of the bits with ArtRage. Not sure the capabilities of your software/computer.

I think quite a long while back somebody was commenting on how they did it. Since I don't do that kind of thing I didn't pay a lot of attention. But you can doubtless find 3D tutorials that cover that sort of thing. But I think it's merely a matter of saving it out as the proper format like .jpeg or .tiff or .bmp. . . not sure.

Anyway, the character is filled with life. Strike onward, lad!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is so cute... keep trying Jack...i like this a lot.