ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Hair

Trouble with Hair

I can't get this kids hair right. I am hoping those of you with more experience can help me.
    Attachment 62741

oops, I forgot the picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	62744

I would like to see if I can help but I can not see your painting.

He's a cutie, unfortunately I can't see your painting , try looking in the tips and tricks and you might find a tut or two in there re hair

hmm, that was weird, ok, I will try again
    his eye looks a little wonky too, but I can work on that. I use ArtRage on my iPad and sometimes I see mistakes much more clearly when i post them. Anyone else notice that?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1014.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	62749

I paint on a laptop so I do not have that problem, but it is seems logical because an Ipad is smaller...

But you have your own style of painting and you are doing fine, indeed the eye need a little change, but I would like to see how you did the hair in your own style...
    You did put some schadows on both sides of the face... which does not correspond to the picture. But you are doing great, please try the hair again from this cute little kid...

Thanks, I see the shadow now, I think it might have happened when I attempted the hair. I don't seem to have the same problem with adult thicker hair, but cannot get baby whispy hair. It comes out looking like a "cap" I will post an "attempt" later today. another question...would you, at this point, start a new layer for the hair?

Yes, I would start a new layer fir the hair because you can leave the the painting intact without spoiling it with erasing. The painting is already very beautifull so you can test the hair on a different layer and merge them together later when you are satisfied. I tried to do the hair too, but My style differs so much from your that it looked unreal and as a helmet too haha.... But I will try some more to see if there is a way to make this fine hair in you style of painting.

I did a quick rough try of the little fellows hair using Ink pen at size 4 and lightly blending with hard wet blender at about 50%
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks to you both for having a look,, I will try the pen, and the blender as you suggested. I find it difficult to merge from the "shadow" at the top of his head, to the whispy hair at the front.