ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: HE - The Black Departure

HE - The Black Departure

hard edge but high touch ( brushy textures and evidence of the artist hand at work) . hope you enjoy this interlude of line and color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HE-The Black Departure.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	517.9 KB 
ID:	62736  

Great shapes, colours and textures, Gary

Your concept is playful with a twist. This takes on the feel of graphic design with it being hard edged. Vertical bands in Film Noir connote a cage or prison and this feels enclosed withi9n a structure, despite the free and breezy quality of the kite ribbons which feels like open sky. So to me there's a marked contrast, or a push-pull. Yet it feels considered and deliberate in the choices of what to include and how. I like the detail of the transparency of the kite transmuting or modifying the background.

Interesting impression, not unlike keeping the grid lines at bay in the modern world.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I see a lot of fun in that design. Your choice of colors compliments the painting nicely....

Gary, all the best in 2012...

A palette of wonderful colors and design, like it a lot Gary

JustJeanPat and Kenmo...thanks for the comments and well wishes for 2012... I hope we all stay happy and healthy and get to play with the new version of AR in 2012

D Akey... I am happy that the push-pull seemed to work in this composition the static rhythm of the verticals playing against the open sky freedom of the rectangle and trailers...... At first the Kite was solid but I wasn't satisfied it tied into the background well enough so I played with the blending mode and transparency to force through some of the background and then used some of the rectangle texture process on the outer border to ease into the composition.