ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Farewell

A Sad Farewell

Maybe she is sad because 2011 is about to end. Maybe she needs everyone to believe in her so she will be bright again.
    Let's all clap our hands. Believe.

(For those who loved Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.)

I cannot get enough of the tapered edged pen and the effects that are so convenient to use in this program. Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outstanding work. I have always loved you paintings.
    Val
    Valerie

Great job Sandy! I'll have to check out the pen your talking about.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Nicely done, I think we should slow the clock down for 2012 as 2011 went by far to fast. I think it is an age thing.
    Geoff

Very dreamy and enchanted, Alexandra. I love it, as it is most emotive and other worldly -- or at least other than is commonly seen by human eyes.

I love the whole ornamental quality as well. And there is an emptiness which evokes much and begs the question what would she have before her.

I get the 2011 leaving. But I'm taking it a bit differently.

Love the receding tree lines. The fading/receding quality supports the theme.

Fine work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dearest Val, this is one of the nicest things a person can hear. You've made my day! Thanks so much!

Thank you dear Ken!

Dear Neal, thank you! Here is a little help, but I doubt if you need it. Make your canvas a certain color. Then on the next layer use the pen-adjust settings on smoothing and tapered edge. With the layer settings, use Difference. There ya go. I ended up with a metallic liquid appearance that I want to try again.

Dear Geoff, I agree. My kids- not so kiddy anymore just look at me like I am such a sap. I look at photos and nearly sob because it seems as if it were yesterday that they were babies. Yes....it is an age thing for sure. Thanks so much for your kind comment!

Hi dear D Akey, I am so happy to see you always but especially before the New Year. Didn't want it to pass by without best wishes.
    I am always pondering on a story, and being romantic I would say her tiny heart is broken. She is fading, and alone as the party has come and gone. Just as she is about to fade away in this hidden glade that is so very old, a fairy prince on a long journey finds her. Sadly he is famished and eats her, no just kidding! Saves her life and they walk through the hidden pavilion into a new year adding love and adventurous tales to the fairy community.
    Have a Happy New Year dear friend!

Love this one Sandy, and it has just gone so fast, but looking forward to the new year

Sandy, a fitting and lovely painting for the leaving of the old and yes it is a age thing, I'm so old now the year hardly starts when it's over

Lovely painting Sandy but she wont be sad for long, she is just thinking of things that might have been. She has so much to look forward to, you wait and see, she will smile again. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307