ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Trouble Drawing in ArtRage Studio Pro With Wacom Tablet Sine Re-Download..

Exclamation Trouble Drawing in ArtRage Studio Pro With Wacom Tablet Sine Re-Download..

Hi, I bought a Tablet and ArtRage Studio Pro about a year and a half ago, and everything was fine then. So today I finished unpacking, and got out my tablet, downloaded the latest drivers for it, and re-downloaded ArtRage Studio Pro. Now, my pen draws before I get anywhere near the tablet surface. So, I went into Wacom Settings, and adjusted some settings. Well, after doing that I tried it out in Adobe Photoshop CS5 and it worked like it should. Then I tried it in ArtRage again, and it still didn't work properly. I can't draw like this, because it draws before I can figure out where I want to draw.. Is there a setting that I missed? I really need help, because I like ArtRage the most out of all the drawing software I've found and I would like to be able to use my tablet with it again. Thanks.

Don't know what version of driver you are talking..goto device manager and revert back to previous driver.

Is it possible your mouse is to close to the tablet and it's causing interference.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

There are also some settings within Artrage preferences for input device under the edit menu> artrage preferences > input device
    if you click on the little black arrow for input device the preferences will show up for that.
    I am attaching what mine looks like. You might try turning off precise and turning on Wintab if they are not set that way.
    not sure about real time stylus, but mine is set to off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 12-26-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Could you let me know the details of your computer and tablet? If the computer is a tablet computer then you may need to remove the Wacom drivers for the operating system's tablet support to work correctly. If you're using a desktop computer I can provide some alternative steps.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi, sorry I took so long to reply, Christmas stuff..
    I tried the settings adjustments that Screenpainter showed and it helped a little.

I'm not using a Tablet PC, I'm using a Laptop and a Wacom Tablet that comes with a mouse and pen, I can say my specs for my laptop and Wacom if needed. I'm using windows 7 and a intous 4 tablet. My laptop is less than three months old. Also, i adjusted some of the settings for the pen, and made it so it is harder to make a mark on the surface of the tablet, and that made it work even better in Photoshop, but still not perfectly in ArtRage. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know, I fixed it. I changed the tip feel settings to hard rather than soft and that made the drawing before touching the tablet go away. Thanks for helping me everyone.

also as Sapphire mentioned... a wireless mouse left near my tablet causes strange results.

so you ended up changing your tablet preferences?