ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: layer blends-soft light-gets lost

Gallery
    View images

layer blends-soft light-gets lost

I think that Artrage is just simply the closest thing to real time painting that I have found. Thank you to the art rage team!

One thing though, I notice in working with two layers where the top layer is a soft light blend layer. I can merge the two layers succesfully mantaining the soft light effect. Repeating the process for another portion of the canvas, I notice that I can achieve the soft light blend again a second time, but the first soft light blend on the bottom merged layer is lost, the color reverts back to an unwanted color scheme..
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Hi vedanta - I'm not quite sure I understand what you're seeing.
    Can you give me some steps to go through to reproduce what you're seeing, and we'll test it out here.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

layer blends-soft light-gets lost

Thanks Andy Rage for the quick reply.
    In looking at the file again, I noticed that the soft-light blend effect didn't get lost afterall, but it must have been my error, the opacity was set to 70% from 100% on the lower second layer......don't remember doing that ..but hey, someone is pushing the buttons...

Gallery
    View images
    Ah great - thanks for letting me know, vedanta.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I was reading in one thread that you guys wrote 4D vision and Deep paint 3D ,, got copies of both... but Artrage is truly wonderful and designed
    so that the technology doesn't get in the way of painting..it allows for the immediacy of painting..and hey I don't need 200+ brushes...just the number of tools that Artrage offers....... truly great coding!