ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPhone Crash - Canvas Preset

iPhone Crash - Canvas Preset

1. Close ArtRage from the multitask area.
    2. Start ArtRage, go to the gallery list.
    3. Click the +, and then click on New Painting.
    4. Scroll to the right as fast as you can.

You'll see the canvas presets as a red X, and then the app will crash.

As I'm not seeing that behaviour here it's possible that your iPhone may be having memory problems (the cross is indicating that the app couldn't allocate memory for a canvas preview). Try shutting down all apps from the Multitasking Bar then fully rebooting the iPhone to see if that changes it.

If it doesn't, it's possible that somehow the app's installation has been damaged and the canvases are missing, in which case reinstalling it should solve the problem (though the page indicators in your screenshot imply that the files are there).

If that doesn't help, let me know what version of iOS you're on and I can look in to it further.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

It still crashes after doing as you suggested.

The trick is to do step 4 really fast. It also doesn't happen if ArtRage has already displayed the canvas thumbnails at least once that session. If I go through the canvas presets slowly it works fine. ( by slowly I mean regular speed.)

I only found out because I wanted to get the the Watercolor preset quickly.

Thanks for the extra info. I have been able to replicate it when scrolling really quickly (the third page did it). I think it relates to the threads that are loading pages and I may have to put in something to prevent scrolling until the page is done. That said, it should be able to survive without the previews so I'll see if I can work around that.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.