ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Loaded Palette Knife doesn't work

Loaded Palette Knife doesn't work

Unless I am doing something wrong or have run into a bug or glitch the loaded knife preset for the palette knife in the iPhone version doesn't lay down any paint which I assume it is supposed to do like in the desktop version of ArtRage. Right now the loaded knife preset behaves just like the basic palette knife preset.

There was an error in the included presets - the iOS build doesn't support palette knife loading at the moment so we'll replace that preset with another when the application is updated.

Thanks for letting us know!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

You're welcome! I thought it was kind of odd that you guys would have put that ability in the iPhone version before the iPad version. I know laying down color with the palette knife is one of my most wanted features for the iOS version. Maybe you guys will even consider implementing my idea for making the paint break over the top of existing wet paint to achieve that pure knife work effect. Thanks for the quick response!

Had to Reinstall ArtRage to See Changes in iPhone 1.0.1 Update

I just thought I should let you guys know that when I downloaded the 1.0.1 update for the iPhone the Loaded Pallete Knife preset didn't change to the Gentle Edge preset until I deleted ArtRage and reinstalled it on my iPhone 4S with iOS 5. Just out of curiosity but what is the best way to back up your paintings if you need to delete and then reinstall an art program on your device?

Sometimes the updater doesn't overwrite old files so it may need a reinstall. I'll look in to that for the 1.0.2 update I will be uploading shortly.

Backing up files is easiest to do via iTunes. If you plug your iPhone in to a desktop computer, select the phone fro the left bar of the iTunes window, then select the Apps tab that appears on the right (not the Apps tab in the left bar, the one that appears above your phone's info on the right), you can scroll down to a File Sharing section. Select ArtRage in that section and you can drag all of your paintings out to your desktop computer to back them up. Paintings can be dragged in to there as well if you need to reinstall them.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the info and quick reply MattRage!