ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sunset photo

Sunset photo

Nov 28 view from my front door

Happy Holidays

Earle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunset Nov 28 2011.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	62598  

EB how fantastically beautiful.. and that was my birthday... such a glorious day..!!!..

What a beautiful sight to behold from your door. Brilliant photo Earle
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you gxhpainter, kenmo and coops.

During the summer the sun from my point of view in the Big Lost River Valley sets over Mackay Idaho. It moves over the White Knob Mountains where it ends up over Alder Creek as winter starts. The White Knob Mountains And the Lost River Range are part of the Rocky Mountain Chain. It snowed here about a month ago and melted off in the valley. being 6000 ft in elevation it has snowed here in July and August before. This may be a start of warmer than normal winter. We have many people that come to vacation and to hunt but it is mostly used for farm and ranching. INL is about 45 miles to the east. It is a premier nuclear engineering facility in the Arco desert. It is ran by the state and federal government. Craters of the Moon National Park is about 60 miles south west. It was used to train Apollo Astronauts. About 50 miles due west is Sun Valley. People like Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger own homes there. To the north west Is the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness area. I fought many forest fires in it. It is a vast area mostly all road-less. A couple of roads were cut a little ways in to it to old mining towns back in the day. To get to its core one has to fly in to one of the old air strips or pack in. The Salmon River and its many forks cut threw it. There is a lot of gorgeous wild rugged dangerous landscape here close by glossed over very often with spectacular skys.

Earle

EB wish I could see that from my front door happy Xmas

I'm like an elephant slow but don't forget ok