ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Presets- Keep Brush Size

Presets- Keep Brush Size

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought at one point the changing presets didn't change the brush size? Was this my imagination?

If not this would be an excellent feature/option that would make my work go much more quickly.

I agree Monsterblues that ArtRage along with other art programs should have the ability to create size presets but I also think that the size presets should be independent from the other settings associated with the preset. This way you wouldn't have to create a tool preset for size alone but instead maybe you could bring up a quick preset menu with a three finger tap that had predetermined brush sizes and maybe even other settings that people use often.

Presets are collections of tool settings which are independant of size, so when you select a preset for a tool, you will be using whatever size you last used that tool at. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for the response Dave.

However, the behavior you describe isn't the behavior I'm experiencing. Changing presets (on iPad or Studio Pro) always changes the brush size. You can try this by selecting a preset for the inking pen, change the brush size, then select the same preset again. The brush size will revert to the original size.

I don't think it used to work this way, because I've only recently had to duplicate several presets at different sizes.

Photoshop has a "Capture Brush Size in Preset" option. That would be cool to turn it off and on. Or, even better, a preset window option called "Set Brush Size When Selecting Preset." I think that simplifies it, and you don't have to worry about any extra UI options like the Photoshop Brush Presets panel.

At the moment we do store the brush size with each preset, but we are considering changes to that system for the next update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.