ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: import artwork into another or layers of an artwork ?

import artwork into another or layers of an artwork ?

Hi all,
    I have several paintings that I'd like to merge. Is there a way to import layers or set of layers to another artwork ?
    I'm using ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 and currently I can't open more than one file at a time.
    Thanks for your help and advices.

When you use File -> Import Image to layer, you can import images including PTG files, but they will be flattened to a single new layer.

If you want to copy individual layers from one painting to another, including all of the paint data like paint thickness, wetness and so on, you could open the source file, select a layer and go to Edit -> Copy. This copies the contents of the layer to the clipboard. Then open the destination painting, go to Edit -> Paste and press enter to confirm adding the new layer.

On Windows you can open two sessions of ArtRage so you can have your source painting open in one and your destination painting open in another. On OS X, you would need to open the source document, copy a layer, then open the destination document and paste that layer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

(EDIT) - Whoops... Cross posted with Dave. You may overlook this post, as being redundant, lol.

ArtRage doesn't allow for a user to open multiple paintings within a single program instance. I know that multiple instances of the ArtRage program can be opened on a Windows based OS, which could then be used to copy/paste layers from one AR painting to another, but I don't believe that Mac's allow for this. So if you're using a Mac, the only option you really have left is to open ArtRage, create a new painting (large enough to contain the images you plan to merge together), and then use the Import Image to Layer option (File > Import Image to Layer).
    Last edited by Someonesane; 12-20-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Copy /paste works like a charm !
    We can't select more than one layer, but i's alright for me.
    You guest well, I'm on OS X.
    thanks a lot !