ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artifacts in 3.5.4 Win

Unhappy Artifacts in 3.5.4 Win

Dear Matt, good morning,

I've found several annoying artifacts in 3.5.4 version.

I have simple painting file with 4 (four) half-painted layers. Its dimensions are 100 cm x 100 cm @ 200 dpi (7874 x 7874 px).

1. Edit/Crop & Exp the Canvas:
    After cropping canvas to 55% of width (to 4331 px) with top-right alignment (even in "manual" mode) I have got layers which are a bit cut (trimmed) from right and down side (see before_1.jpg, after_1.jpg). No matter which layer was selected before cropping. If I "undo" crop action - result is in Undo_1.jpg

2. Merge Layer Down (from RMB context menu):
    There are several artifacts on painting after merging one layer to another (same file). Image before layer merge - before_2.jpg and after - after_2.jpg
    Some contents (parts) of merged/merging layer were missing.

I uploaded original ptg file - you can dowload it in:
    http://ifolder.ru/27682575

BR, Panaslonix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before_1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	62575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after_1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	62576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Undo_1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	62577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before_2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	62579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after_2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	62580  

I think this probably relates to the size of the file and available memory. The offset after the crop is something that we'll look in to, not sure why that's happening, but the other issues are probably the app not having enough memory available to perform those operations on a 7k x 7k image with that many layers.

Shrinking the image may help, as could removing any layers you're not using before you crop. The artifacts can probably be avoided by saving and restarting the app after you've done a crop (that will clear the undo buffer and make sure everything is fresh).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.