Thread: Minor Tweak to improve Intuos3 touchstrip zoom support...

Gallery
    View images

Minor Tweak to improve Intuos3 touchstrip zoom support...

In lieu of native touchstrip zoom support, mapping the CTRL+ and CTRL- keystrokes to the strip gets the job done, but its a little twitchy and difficult to smoothly control.

One simple tweak that could make this better is to reduce the default zoom incriments associated with those keystroke commands, or better yet, allow users to specify the incriments they'd like somewhere.

If this ability already exists in the program and I just havent found it, I apologize and would love it if someone could point me there.

Thanks for listening!

Gallery
    View images
    Er, it occurs to me though, I should clarify:

What I REALLY want, is the smooth zooming of the Z tool , but on demand with the touchstrip without having to toggle Z on and off. The above suggestion was just a simple suggestion for the only apparent alternative at present.

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry for bumping this, but I had another issue that was related, and didn't think I should make a seperate thread.

In addition to renewing my request to having the smooth zooming of the Z tool exposed for I3 touchstrip support (as opposed to the abrupt and unadjustable zoom incriments of the "zoom in" and "zoom out" commands)...

It also makes no sense to have the Z key zoom function as a persistent tool. There is no situation where you need to have it as an active tool to do "multiple zooms" or some such. Having to manually switch back to the tool I was using before using the zoom tool is just one more keystroke I dont need to make.

The Zkey should be a context modifier, and revert back to the tool I was using as soon as I take my finger off it. That way I could also map it somewhere on on my tablet or pen for smooth, easy peasy click and drag resizing.

As always, thanks for listening!

Gallery
    View images
    That... is a really good suggestion.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    I can only concur to that. Having to switch back to the tool you had before is a click too much. It requires that I either look at my keyboard to get the right tool shortcut, or take my cursor all the way to the tool selection area. Removing this need will indeed speed up painting.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah, Intuos3 touchstrip zoom support is much suggested and wanted. In fact, I'm also missing that feature (this is built-in in Corel Painter for a long time!).