Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketch Brush Sticker Spray presets

Unhappy Unable to change color

I must be doing something wrong. I can't change the color of the stroke. All my strokes are red with some yellow orange in them. I'm after a pencil/graphite look, but cannot change the color. Any help would be appreciated.

Had to Uninstall

Don't know what went wrong, but had to uninstall. All my sticker brushes painted only red/orange.

You should be able to adjust the Hue, Saturation, and Luminance using the Color Picker, like any of the other tools. Just to be sure, I double checked all of the preset settings, and they are each set properly. If you haven't already, close ArtRage, and then reopen it, and see if that doesn't fix it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

As a test, please download and play the attached script file, to see if the marks being made, change color.

(EDIT) - Okay, here's the script, for you to try out: LINK
    Last edited by Someonesane; 01-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.

These are BRILLIANT.. Thank you so much for sharing them.Best wishes Jo xx

Dude... THANK YOU! These brushes are now my absolute favourite drawing tools! Wow! This resource blows my mind. You're awesome.

Blue skies
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEPHINE.EARP View Post
    These are BRILLIANT.. Thank you so much for sharing them.Best wishes Jo xx
    No problem. Glad you like them

Quote Originally Posted by royblumenthal View Post
    Dude... THANK YOU! These brushes are now my absolute favourite drawing tools! Wow! This resource blows my mind. You're awesome.

Blue skies
    Roy

Thanks Hope you have fun with them.

reiterating what Roy has said, they really are genial. I have been playing with them again. just amazing brushes. enlarging the size of these brushes turns them into sketchbook mobile type brushes with many little textural nuances... they are just wonderful to use.

I have to agree. Easily my favorite tool set in Artrage. You really outdid yourself here. And I too blow them up in size and use them for textural work too-- for dry watercolor work, for example, these are a very good starting point.

I did have a question though-- I was trying to access the Spray Variations on these the other day, and wasn't able to do so. Does that make any sense to you? Is there something I might need to do to make the chart available on these?

I'm looking to slightly alter your Chalk brushes (which I adore), like Chalk Style 2b and/or Chalk Style 3 and make a new variant. I want them to start as you've got them-- light and thinner, getting darker and wider with pressure, but then, I would like (at the uppermost end of pressure) for it to reduce width dramatically but remain very dark. I guess I'm looking for the brush to offer two common usages in one variant-- the rough and wider side usage with some variance in width and opacity that you've already set up wonderfully, but then also a slightly textured edge, where its often used for very dark and thin for detail work (for eyes, or some edging), where I would assume size would invert its ratio relative to pressure.

I saw that you set up some other "inverse" brushes, so clearly some of that's doable, but I was confused about this idea of only switching the pressure/size relationship towards the end of the pressure curve. My idea was you could relate pressure to opacity in a clear upwards fashion across the entire pressure range, just as you have it now; and you would have scale also relate to pressure directly (as you have it now), except when you reached the upper 1/5th? 1/6th? or so, at which point it would switch and become very thin pretty quick, and perhaps thinner and darker the harder you pressed. Can something like that even be done?
    Last edited by Steve B; 03-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    reiterating what Roy has said, they really are genial. I have been playing with them again. just amazing brushes. enlarging the size of these brushes turns them into sketchbook mobile type brushes with many little textural nuances... they are just wonderful to use.
    Happy to see you're enjoying them Albert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I have to agree. Easily my favorite tool set in Artrage. You really outdid yourself here. And I too blow them up in size and use them for textural work too-- for dry watercolor work, for example, these are a very good starting point.

I did have a question though-- I was trying to access the Spray Variations on these the other day, and wasn't able to do so. Does that make any sense to you? Is there something I might need to do to make the chart available on these?

I'm looking to slightly alter your Chalk brushes (which I adore), like Chalk Style 2b and/or Chalk Style 3 and make a new variant. I want them to start as you've got them-- light and thinner, getting darker and wider with pressure, but then, I would like (at the uppermost end of pressure) for it to reduce width dramatically but remain very dark. I guess I'm looking for the brush to offer two common usages in one variant-- the rough and wider side usage with some variance in width and opacity that you've already set up wonderfully, but then also a slightly textured edge, where its often used for very dark and thin for detail work (for eyes, or some edging), where I would assume size would invert its ratio relative to pressure.

I saw that you set up some other "inverse" brushes, so clearly some of that's doable, but I was confused about this idea of only switching the pressure/size relationship towards the end of the pressure curve. My idea was you could relate pressure to opacity in a clear upwards fashion across the entire pressure range, just as you have it now; and you would have scale also relate to pressure directly (as you have it now), except when you reached the upper 1/5th? 1/6th? or so, at which point it would switch and become very thin pretty quick, and perhaps thinner and darker the harder you pressed. Can something like that even be done?
    I'm glad you are enjoying them

As for not being able to edit the variations panel, I'm a bit perplexed. I don't know of any reason you wouldn't be able to. It's certainly nothing I did, as I post many of these in order for people to be able to look at them, and see how they work. I wonder if has something to do with pack files? I'll have a look through the manual later on, and see if the AR team put in some type of security block on editing other peoples items. If not, I'm lost