ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketch Brush Sticker Spray presets

Arrow Sketch Brush Sticker Spray presets

Hi everyone,

I've been in some discussions, here at the forums, regarding the use of the Sticker Spray as a sketching tool for line work. I created a number of test brushes along these lines, so I've decided to compile them, and share them here. I've packed everything you'll need to use within an ArtRage .arpack. Just download the .arpack from the link below, and then follow the steps listed here to install it's contents into your ArtRage program. Once installed, the sticker can be found in a group called "Sketch Brushes", on the Sticker Panel (though, you'll likely never have a need to use the sticker sheets directly, as they're designed specifically for Spray use), and the Spray Presets can be located in a group called "Sketch Brushes" on the Spray Presets panel.

Here's the link for the .arpack: Download the AR Pack Here

Note: These files are free to use in your artwork, but please do not redistribute them for personal gain (monetary purposes). If you'd like to share them with someone, that's fine, but try to do so through linking back to this thread, if possible. Thank you.
    Here's how to install the pack:
    1 - Open ArtRage.

2 - Select File > Install Package File.

3 - Browse to the location you saved the .arpack (it's named: Skecth Brushes by SOS.arpack), and open it.

4 - The Install Package panel should now be opened, displaying the various stickers and presets you have to choose from. ArtRage will automatically have them all selected for installation, so simply click on the Install button, located on the bottom of the panel, to install the set.
    You can choose to only upload specific sets, but some of the stickers are used for a number of presets, so they aren't all labeled to match. Because of this, it'll be difficult to tell what you'll need for each preset. You can always delete unwanted items from the two folders later on, though.
    And so you'll have an idea of what's in the arpack, I've posted a screen shot of the Sticker Spray Preset list, with the type of mark it makes next to the title. It's followed by some example sketches I did with some of the presets. Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch brush example sheet.jpg 
Views:	660 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	62467

Name:	oil stick tests.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	62470

Name:	brush-test-examples2.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	279.4 KB 
ID:	62468

Name:	brush-test-examples1.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	62469
    Last edited by Someonesane; 12-16-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

WOW!!

You've really outdone yourself here. This is quite an impressive set of sketching tools and might help flesh out one of the last few media elements that I've felt was missing in Artrage. They're so deceptively simple yet really essential, IMO. Of course, having tried to get some of these effects myself in Artrage I know its anything but simple.

Thank you very much for sharing these. This is.... really cool.
    Last edited by Steve B; 12-16-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Thumbs up

SOS, Thank You for all your wonderful efforts on our behalf. It is very much appreciated.

They are great.
    Thank you.
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

re Sketch Brushes

Very Cool Boet

Having lots of fun with these, they flow very well.
    ''The Past does not equal the future'' Anthony Robbins

I tried sketching with these last night, and I have to say, if these had come out as a new set of tools in a new release of Artrage.... I couldn't have been more pleased or impressed. It opens up, IMO, an entirely new (and much needed) element of sketching in Artrage for me. Really wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    WOW!!

You've really outdone yourself here. This is quite an impressive set of sketching tools and might help flesh out one of the last few media elements that I've felt was missing in Artrage. They're so deceptively simple yet really essential, IMO. Of course, having tried to get some of these effects myself in Artrage I know its anything but simple.

Thank you very much for sharing these. This is.... really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I tried sketching with these last night, and I have to say, if these had come out as a new set of tools in a new release of Artrage.... I couldn't have been more pleased or impressed. It opens up, IMO, an entirely new (and much needed) element of sketching in Artrage for me. Really wonderful.

Thank you. I'm happy to hear that they will be of some use to you . My current favorites of the bunch are probably: Chalk Style 3i, Oil Stick Inverse 2, and Broken Wax.

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    SOS, Thank You for all your wonderful efforts on our behalf. It is very much appreciated.
    No problem, I hope you have fun with the presets

Quote Originally Posted by JMMK View Post
    They are great.
    Thank you.
    Thanks, happy you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by leechie View Post
    Very Cool Boet

Having lots of fun with these, they flow very well.
    Thank you. Always good hear that someone is having a fun time while drawing
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks Gaeton for all the experimentation time you put in for us and for another set of great sketching variations. lots of options to try. thanks again.

Thanks for a great and unified set of very useful tools.

These are great! I love the chalks, and the inverse, oh heck...I love them all