ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stuck on girls

Stuck on girls

Hi people,
    beside others, I'm strugling with a WC work.
    Basically it repro a frame from one of a shortmove about a trip in Spain of 7 longboarder girls.
    The backgroud of the scene I think espress the situation of a warm late afternoon and the "movement" of the situation.

Bat I cannot really figure out how to rappresent the girls on the logboards. They look still, sticked or both.
    The attached image shows the pencil sketches of their position.
    Any hint? Should I try different media?

Thanks in advance,
    M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Girl Crew (1280x711).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	62387  
    Powered by Win8 x64 !!! - AR Studio Pro 3.x - Wacom Bamboo M Special Edition

If you can not find the appropriate pose for the human you're trying to represent, it may indicate rather composition issue than the choose of medium. Your picture shows the group of girls who have really not very much to do on their longboards in this straight till the horizon piece of road. I would say in this situation it's quite OK, what they do, even if they stick to the boards in a static manner ...It's just realistic! Even though, if you try show more dynamic in this scene, you will have really hard time to keep it 'non overdone'.
    Nevertheless, if you decide to give more motion to the scene, I would try to show them while turning around the corner or curve. This will force them to change the posture just to keep physics real, and of course ...to survive.

Thanks Strandy, I'll try to paint them relaxed a experiment a little letting the girl on the right surf.
    I'll post the result.

Cheers,
    M.