ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River (watercolor)

River (watercolor)

I've tried this one with watercolor and I used brush (small size) when applied on paper. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So donít worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

Khalid ... been quiet from your corner for quite awhile. good to hear from you again... this is a beautiful scene and an excellent watercolor!

That is one gorgeous water colour, very nice indeed.
    Geoff

Khalid this is beautiful
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Nice to see you again Khalid, and a wonderful wc

Thank you gxhpainter, limey-g,mannafig, pat1940 and justjean for your comment. I am glad ..I have been quiet and not active from this forum for a while, but still continue with digital painting and traditional painting.
    Thank you.
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So donít worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

This is really very good. Good enough that I'd like to know if you did it in Artrage or with natural media. If it's in Artrage, I really think you nailed a specific type of watercolor result. The washes are appropriately pale and subdued enough, and the shadows aren't overly complicated. It feels like only a few washes. I also like that you left little bits of a white- a thing that's very easy to clean up when doing digital work, but which can be part of a natural watercolor process pretty easily.

I'd really like to know more about how you go about achieving this look. For example, are you using layers for different parts of the painting, or doing it all on one? Are you painting light highlights to dark shadows like natural watercolors, or are you going dark to light, and just putting your lights on top of the rougher darker image, like a lot of digital oil artwork does? Are you using blending modes, or just reducing the transparency a bit?

I was looking through your gallery, and there's a lot of nice stuff there. There's one from May, with a palm tree over a river at sunset, that I found particularly nice. You have some great dry brush watercolor stuff going on down at the bottom where the river is. Do you have any memory of what kind of texture or settings you might have used?

I know that's a lot of questions, but it's exciting when I see someone getting some of the kinds of results I'd like to be achieving.
    Last edited by Steve B; 12-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Thank you Steve, with long and nice comment. Here we can share our experiences. I used both technique, natural watercolor and digital painting (artrage). First...I made basic painting with watercolor on paper, after that I used scanner to scan an image, then I import that file into artrage. I used artrage watercolor and knife (wash knife) to edit and to complete my work. I used three layers for background, middle and foreground. I leave certain part without color for white color effect. I did this technique from light to dark shadows like natural watercolors . I feel this technique more easy to me ,looks like real watercolor. Thank you.
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid_ipda View Post
    looks like real watercolor.
    Excellent work for the entire drawing, but especially with the water. Very Well Done!
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)