ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Colours?

Gallery
    View images

Water Colours?

Is there a posssibility of future versions having watercolours? Since AR is purely an artistic media program, I think that water colours will add a nice touch to the already awesome AR arsenal! What do you think?

Gallery
    View images
    Love the idea....
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    I would love to see that as well. The only thing that really concerns me is AR becoming bloated. One of the things I love about this program is that it loads so quickly and during use, it feels lean and quick. I tried Painter again the other day just to remember what it's like and it reminded me of getting into an 18 wheel truck after having driven a sports car all day.

Still... for water colors I would take the risk.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

I would like all these things and particularly a Finger smear tool and a Stipple brush for small leaves!

But if it would mean watching about 3 minutes of Patent Numbers or a Blue Burning Pencil every time I use it, then I will manage without.
    I do still use the Graphic Juggernauts but I hate all the Bins and Dockers and Work Areas. Plus Palettes which scuttle off into hyperspace everytime you look away!

The differences between ArtRage and physical painting are small and acceptable. Particularly now generous people are giving away Tutorials and techniques.

Speaking with only a tiny knowledge of software, how about Plug-Ins?
    If you want Water Colours perhaps you could sacrifice Glitter or the Roller?

Gallery
    View images
    Watercolour is definitely on the 'to do' list. We want to do it well though, so dont expect it tomorrow.
    In the meantime there's a technique you can use to get watery-colour with the ArtRage marker pen.

Set the pen wetness to maximum, and paint a splodge of a rich colour. Now move the colour-picker luminance (lightness) slider to 'white'. Use the pen to swirl out and blend. The white marker acts like a water pen, mixing and lightening the richer spodge. It gives it a very watery look.

AndyRage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Oooooh! Nice tip. Thanks.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    THanks andyrage! That's exactly why I joined this forum. To pick up some things like this.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you very much for the tip about adjusting the wetness setting for the marker. I am glad that Ambient Design is so open to customers suggestions. This is only going to make the program better!
    I definitely agree that the UI needs to remain simplified, but at the moment, I think there is still a lot room for new functions, as the UI is already designed too well! I don't think you guys have to worry about overdoing it.
    If you do look at Painter, the UI is very intimidating and the water colour controls are very complicated. It would take an awful long time to master the techniques. I still find it faster to just paint traditionally with watercolours. Anyhow, I know you guys can pull it off, as you have an awesome program. I will be looking forward to when the watercolour function will be integrated.
    Cheers.

Re: Watercolour - yes!!!

Sweedie :

There's a way to sorta ink in artrage.
    Make a new layer with its paper settings set to 'gel' (which hasn't any grain at all) and ink with a pencil set to full softness for the detailed parts, and with a small wet oil brush for long strokes. The only problem is that the oil brush doesnt start its strokes where you click, but a bit further , but you can get used to that, and anticipate it.

Hope that helps somewhat =)

Gallery
    View images
    Water color would be a nice addition to Art Rage.

I too like the bloatless speed of Art Rage although I would like to see Art Rage grow with new features as well.

Perhaps in upcoming versions, the user can pre-select his/her palette -- much like one does for setting up their canvass. This way it won't clutter the work space.

For instance, after Art Rage launches, I select and configure the paper I desire; then, select the desired media to be present on the palette during my work session.

Whatever may be the case, I'm sure Art Rage will only get better!