ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brush fanning

Brush fanning

Is it possible to simulate the way a brush splays out when you press it directly onto the canvas (if you were painting in real life). Specifically, I'm trying to re-create the way bristles will separate in many different directions.

I can post pictures of what I'm talking about if you need more information.

I'm using ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 (the most recent version)

Windows 7 (64 bit)

When you press harder with a stylus, the stroke will become wider and the bristle texture will broaden. You should see this with the default oil brush settings. However this is the limit to what you will currently be able to see in the simulation.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Oil Brush Blending

Hello,I have a Bob Ross Painting for reference and would like help with Blending oil Paints,I have ArtRage Pro.
    Any HELP would be much appreciated!Thanks,
    Artman Dan

ArtMan Dan - I'd suggest making a post in the 'Tips and Tricks' forum, together with an example of what kind of results you want to be able to acheive in as much detail as possible to see what other users can suggest as this will help people to understand the effect you are looking for. You can attach an image by clicking on 'manage attachments' when making your post if you want to include a visual example.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design