ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Difference between iPad and script run in Pro

Between northern Idaho and southern Mexico

Difference between iPad and script run in Pro

Hi--

When you run a script recorded on the iPad, isn't it supposed to produce an identical painting? Or is it just supposed to be close? What if you run the script at a larger size? I'm getting something that's close in the latter case, but certainly not identical. There are clearly discernible differences between the two.

A lot of my paintings rely on the paper preset for texture. Could it be that the paper texture doesn't scale when you boost the size?

All help appreciated!

Tim

Script recording records each individual stroke of media you make, so when you play back the script, your work is repainted step by step. As this is the case, the results won't be exactly the same each time due to the chaotic nature of simulating natural media.

The canvas texture is blown up when you play an image at a larger size, so I wouldn't expect that to differ particularly. Feel free to email me a couple of sample images to support@artrage.com from your iPad and your desktop machine which illustrate the differences and I'll take a look at it for you if you have any concerns.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Between northern Idaho and southern Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Script recording records each individual stroke of media you make, so when you play back the script, your work is repainted step by step. As this is the case, the results won't be exactly the same each time due to the chaotic nature of simulating natural media.

The canvas texture is blown up when you play an image at a larger size, so I wouldn't expect that to differ particularly. Feel free to email me a couple of sample images to support@artrage.com from your iPad and your desktop machine which illustrate the differences and I'll take a look at it for you if you have any concerns.
    Ah, bummer. My aim is to create the bulk of my art on the iPad, and my hope was to be able to email the script to a printer who has Studio pro so he could replicate the art in a larger format for print output. I've migrated several paintings to Studio Pro before and never noticed a difference, but now am using textured paper.

Is there a way to get accurate replicas in a size suitable for large-format output, starting from the highest res I can get in iPad? I tried resizing the painting in AR, and it didn't look too bad onscreen. However, I don't yet know what it might look like on paper. I live in Mexico and must ship my media to the US for print.

I'll send you a couple of jpegs tomorrow showing the difference.

Thanks Dave!