ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Better canvas default settings

Between northern Idaho and southern Mexico

Better canvas default settings

First, I love ArtRage! Some of the stuff I'm able to produce on my iPad actually looks good enough to sell.

With that eventuality in mind, I always like to start with as large a size as possible, and always with the script recorder on so I can export the script to Studio pro and blow it up even larger on my MBP. Therefore, tops on my wish list would be a non-volatile, user-defined size setting so I don't have to type in 2048 over the default pixel numbers each time. Tedious, and fraught with peril under my errant fingers.

Likewise, and perhaps even more importantly, can't we specify that the script recorder be turned on by default for all new paintings? I forgot to turn it on twice in the past three days, leaving me with two paintings stuck in the largest size iPad can produce, too small for sale.

Would love to see these features in an upcoming update!

Thanks!

Tim

An easy workaround for this would be to set up a canvas at the size you like, and the recorder on. Save the blank canvas to your gallery. When you're looking to start a new project, open the blank painting you saved. As long as you don't save over it, it'll be there to start a new one.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    An easy workaround for this would be to set up a canvas at the size you like, and the recorder on. Save the blank canvas to your gallery. When you're looking to start a new project, open the blank painting you saved. As long as you don't save over it, it'll be there to start a new one.
    Excellent suggestion, Someone! Never occurred to me.

Thanks!

Tim

Wow! brilliant idea, now why didn't I think of that.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
    Wow! brilliant idea, now why didn't I think of that.
    Works great. Here are the specific steps I took, FWIW:

1) Set up a new painting the way I wanted it, size, color, texture, and recorder on. Gave it the title of "A Blank."

2) Once it opens in the workspace, I saved it.

Now when I open the gallery, there it is at the top of the heap, alphabetically. I start a new painting with those baked-in characteristics by hitting "Duplicate Painting" which creates a canvas called "A Blank 001."

Thanks again!