ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Upgraded from 3.0.8 > 3.5.4 and cant finger resize/rotate canvas

Unhappy Upgraded from 3.0.8 > 3.5.4 and cant finger resize/rotate canvas

I have recently started to use ArtRage more. It came with my ASUS EP121. Since I had a few problems though, I decided to upgrade from 3.0.8 to 3.5.4.

The first thing I noticed was that now I can no longer use two fingers to resize/rotate the canvas. It detects one of my fingers as a pencil so I draw with my finger instead. Was anything changed between these two editions or am I missing something?

ArtRage 3.5 uses the Microsoft Realtime Stylus standard for Multitouch input while 3.0 uses the older Ink Services standard. Unfortunately, some driver configurations have problems with the correct standard and may have issues with touch.

In most cases we have seen, uninstalling the touch drivers and allowing the system to update them to the latest version should resolve the issue, but you may find that the hardware and driver combination does not work correctly with the standard, in which case touch may not work properly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Simply removing the EETI driver and allow the system to upgrade didn't solve the problem. I have yet to try to remove all the WACOM drivers but right now I haven't the time to play around, I might try next week.

I have been reading the other posts about this issue and it seems like a chaotic nightmare. I might temporary try to find an older edition of ArtRage and skip 3.5 until there's a solid solution.

Because the solution is often different depending on the specific setup a user has it would be best to contact us by email (support@artrage.com) and we can try and help you get your system working. The Wacom drivers are most likely to be the ones interfering with the touch system, and they are not technically required for the device to function with correct pressure support (we have spent some time discussing this with Wacom as we looked for solutions for other users). Let us know how removing those goes and we'll see if we can help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.