ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mechanical Rhythms - dark version

Mechanical Rhythms - dark version

is there such a thing as digital grunge? layers and colors textured and slightly grime covered..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mechanical Rhythms - dark version.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	62018  

This is very beautiful! Black is diffused too in real images to give darkness and greys, the toned down colors, whatever the impressionists may have differently said, just like highlight spots. This is furtherly confirmed by the fact that th three primary colors without the black ink may never match the four inks performance realistic sense and the use of black on his palette by Edouard Manet too, the most academically and technically prepared painter of the impressionistic period in France.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar... to me black is an indispensable color. some famous artist (Matisse?) said black is the Queen of all colors.. and in this composition I again took the original image converted it to a black and white and adjusted the levels in Photoshop to drop out most grays and just have a black and white with a few gray tones and then brought it back into the painting on a new layer and set blend mode to multiply and adjusted the transparency to taste... I am liking the results from this approach..

Gary! You been busy and never dull. Great abstract and nice knocked back colors.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

thanks Neal... yes had a creative spurt the other day....It was fun...