ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to transfer imported stencils and grains to new computer?

How to transfer imported stencils and grains to new computer?

Hi,
    I'm going to need to temporarily use a different computer for a while. I'd like to transfer the special grains and stencils I've made over to it-- or atleast duplicate them. How can I do that? Where are they located? I looked up the file location for Artrage, but everything in files seemed to be the preloaded stuff. I couldn't figure out where the newer, imported stuff is stored.

Thanks!

Here's the easiest way to save your created, or downloaded, content:
    1 - Open ArtRage.

2 - Now Select Tools > User Content > Open User Content Folder.
    Note - This step opens the Resource folder, where all of your personally created, or downloaded, content is stored.
    3 - Save all of the folders you see onto whatever storage device you plan to move them with (USB, CD, etc).
    (Edit) - If you aren't worried about overwriting anything on your other computer, once you finish step 2, you could go up a folder, which would put you into your "ArtRage 3" folder. This folder holds all of your preference files. So if you were to simply copy the contents of this folder, and transfer it to the other computers "ArtRage 3" folder (using the same steps here) you could paste it there, and you'd have everything set the way you'd like.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 11-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ah, ok. I wouldn't have thought to go into the opened program itself to access the info. I thought I'd need to go into the program files directly. I'll try it that way when I get home. Thanks!

Artrage user data is saved in the Application Data folder on Windows and the Application Support folder on OS X but if you hae Studio or Studio Pro doing what Someonesane mentioned will take you directly to that folder. Otherwise let me know and I can give you instructions on how to browse to the folder.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design