ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Feeling like I made a mistake... (sale, etc.)

Feeling like I made a mistake... (sale, etc.)

I bought ArtRage Studio just before the sale came along *coughs* typical for me. Now I find one of the features I want to play with is only in Studio Pro (if I'm reading this right) - Real Colour Blending.

I paid about the same for Studio that they are now charging for Studio Pro (which, at the time, didn't seem to have any useful extra features). Sheesh!

I wanted to fiddle about with watercolours, but RGB blending just won't work for me, my brain is hard-wired into real paint/pencil media - I mix blue and yellow, I expect GREEN

I never knew digital art could be so complicated!

I checked out the 'upgrade' deal, apparently there's no sale on those... who would have guessed?

Using your Studio serial number you can claim an upgrade discount when purchasing Studio Pro, see here for information: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=25269

The upgrade discount is subtracted from the sale price of Studio Pro, so you're getting an additional discount while the product is on sale as noted in that thread.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Yes, looked at that. So I can upgrade for $35+ 20% tax, but I already paid around $50 (including tax) for Studio six days before the sale started so the total cost would come to around $90, compared to $60 if I'd waited a week before buying anything...

Like I said - missed out on the sale and now feeling financially punished for not taking the 30-day trial first. I doubt anyone else would feel much different after the same thing happening (if they are honest about it)

My advice to thos considering buying AR Studio Pro in the future - hold off, manage with the free version until there's a sale and save yourself $30+

No offense, but frankly, considering what Artrage offers, it's an amazing deal either way and is very reasonably priced. Almost all art programs of any comparable strength cost much more. They're able to provide this tool through our dollars. It's a bummer though that you missed out on the sale, I agree with that.