ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I wish the tails of my letters wouldn't get cut off

Exclamation I wish the tails of my letters wouldn't get cut off

With the Text tool, the line-height spacing seems to never work, and sometimes the bottom of fonts get cut off on the y, g, f (if it is long) etc. I have the latest studio pro version, have been a long time art rage user.

Unless there is a tip or trick I don't know about???

I've never run into an issue where the top or bottoms got cut off, but I have run into a font, on occasion, that would have the side of a letter cut off (only on the far left, or far right, side). I worked around it by adding dead space before, or after the letter, with the space bar (see attached image example). I figure, if you're experiencing a cut of the letters at the top, or bottom, you may be able to work around it, by adding an extra carriage return to the top or bottom of the text. Having a blank space above, or below the actual text line, may fix the letters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fontfix.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	61968

The font that is being cut off, in the example above, is called "Rage Italic", just in case the AR team wants to know.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

tail letters cut off

Yeah, it happens to me with several different fonts, I'm not a user of rage italics, but you are describing what happens. I have also added space to the left or the right when that happens, and in the past I have tried clicking on Enter (return) to add space underneath, but for some reason that isn't working.

For the record, I have the latest update of studio pro.

Thanks in advance
    Julianne

The text renderer may have problems with the definition of some fonts relating to the size of ascenders and descenders. It could be a problem of standards in the definition, or in the renderer itself. This shouldn't happen with all fonts however.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.