ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Botanical's of Interest ~

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727

    Talking Botanical's of Interest ~

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Hi There,
    Have taken many photo's throughout the summer and fall. There may
    be a few that I plan on deleting for various reasons but thought I would
    post a few of them for the sake of ... I have some extra idle time? ... or
    I really like these strange images but am too embarrassed to admit it.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    This odd tree growth is titled ... "Invasion of the Space Wormie."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InvasionoftheSpaceWormie~Aug.2,2011~MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	61941  
    Last edited by Mairzie Dotes; 11-21-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Mairzie Dotes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727

    Botanical's of Interest ~

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I just had to take a photo of this interesting tree and hope you
    won't mind if I add a poem that also somehow surfaced that might
    describe the wild and wooly image.


    Tree From Hades

    I think I shall never see ~
    A poem as frightful as this tree ~

    A tree whose hungry mouth is prest ~
    Against the earth's quite quivering breast ~

    A tree that glares my way all day ~
    And considers me it's juicy prey ~

    A tree that may in Summer wear ~
    A nest of Vultures in it's hair ~

    Upon who's bosom creepy crawlers lay ~
    And ATTACK all those who venture it's way ~

    Poems are made by fools like me ~
    But only Beelzebub can make this tree ~

    The End


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creeping Arboreal Octopusi ~ Nov.19,2011 ~ MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	61942  
    Mairzie Dotes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Below is a close up of a cut tree limb that has seemed to take on
    an impressive textured presence due to weather and age.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cut Limb, Aged ~  Oct. 20, 2011 ~ MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	61944  
    Mairzie Dotes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,943
    Its good to see you again MaryAnn and with such wonderful photos. As always you poerty is a delight to read and I hope there will be lots more.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

    My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Its good to see you again MaryAnn and with such wonderful photos. As always you poerty is a delight to read and I hope there will be lots more.

    Coops,
    Thank you for stopping by to mention your approval, much appreciated!
    Below is an entry that I hope you will like ... taken in late October of
    this year. From a distance the tree looked unassuming but the close up
    shot really highlighted the Autumn colors.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autumn's Palette ~ Oct.26,2011 ~ MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	61955  
    Mairzie Dotes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    . . . Got them weird space aliens all Penn'd up and having a bad twig day.

    I am very impressed by your compositions by way of aiming your camera directly into the objects more, Mary Ann. Fascinating textures, not to mention some pretty weird plants. I love how you have divided up the picture. Really striking views.

    Good to see you back from your photo odyssey with sacks of cargo from strange places. . . and if that poem is any indication, you've been to the crossroads.

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    . . . Got them weird space aliens all Penn'd up and having a bad twig day.

    I am very impressed by your compositions by way of aiming your camera directly into the objects more, Mary Ann. Fascinating textures, not to mention some pretty weird plants. I love how you have divided up the picture. Really striking views.

    Good to see you back from your photo odyssey with sacks of cargo from strange places. . . and if that poem is any indication, you've been to the crossroads.


    D Akey,
    You have no idea how pleased I am to find that no one has been scared
    away from this thread by the "Invasion of the Space Wormie" photo who
    may now be a formidable carnivorous threat to Caesar's alien pit bull
    dog.

    I have never been far from this wonderful forum, only busy enjoying the
    travels of summer and am once again happy to be in Art Rage country.
    A sincere thank you for such a gracious response.

    I have indeed taken many photos recently and thought you might enjoy
    seeing the one below. It is titled, "Tanglewood."


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanglewood ~ Nov. 14, 2011 ~ MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	62000  
    Mairzie Dotes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Look at the colors! Wow.

    Even though that one just above is a photo, it has an element of the surreal for me, in that it is so much like a painter would choose colors in a way that didn't necessarily represent the exact colors in the subject in the real world. More like they were chosen and applied, these are so cool.

    Well, if this is what's around you I can see what was occupying your time away from the computer.

    Artistic stuff!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Look at the colors! Wow.

    Even though that one just above is a photo, it has an element of the surreal for me, in that it is so much like a painter would choose colors in a way that didn't necessarily represent the exact colors in the subject in the real world. More like they were chosen and applied, these are so cool.

    Well, if this is what's around you I can see what was occupying your time away from the computer.

    Artistic stuff!


    D Akey,
    You have seemed to latch onto the expression that I have been
    attempting. Have been experimenting with low lighting conditions
    with my camera. As a result, some of the photos have taken on
    an interesting and new visual sensation just as the one you have
    positively commented on, above ... a sincere thank you!

    Below is yet another scene that was captured in the evening light.
    Low light conditions seem to highlight certain colors and give the
    photo almost a painterly effect. This one is titled, "Autumn's Blush."




    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autumn's Blush ~ Nov.2,2011 ~ 7.21pm ~ MAC ~.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	62032  
    Last edited by Mairzie Dotes; 11-26-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Mairzie Dotes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    brighton uk
    Posts
    12,838
    Hello Mairzie Dotes crickey even an old thickie like me can enjoy

    the tree from Hades and your photos its like going on a country walk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •