ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: phantom line in the canvas

phantom line in the canvas

I'm not sure if anybody posted this before, as being away from the forum for some time. I'm engrossed with my cartoons but I sometimes have a phantom line, liki a fold, in my canvas. That usually happens after transforming something in a layer. I can't get rid of the phantom line and I wonder if there's a fix for the problem.
    Here a screen caption to see what I'm meaning:
    Name:  puñetera_raya.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  32.8 KB
    Any tip?
    Last edited by Siamsa; 11-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Which version of ArtRage are you using (3.5.?). They recently updated the program, which fixed a certain bug that caused screen artifacts. Updating may fix it for you, if you haven't updated already. However I have ran into a similar artifact issue (to the one they fixed, not your line one), just today, but haven't pinned down what I did to cause it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Once we know what version of ArtRage you're using and what operating system you're using it on we should be able to troubleshoot that. Let me know when you can, and if you can provide any details on the steps you go through when you tend to see it ( what you're transforming, type of transformation ) that may be useful in locating the problem.

If you are using ArtRage Studio Pro, you can record your painting actions as scripts via File -> Record script. If you can record a script file of your normal workflow, and save the script after you see the problem ( click the stop button in the script recorder window then click OK and save the file ), I will be able to play that back to reproduce the exact steps here as well.

Feel free to email me directly at support@artrage.com with the details and I'll be happy to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm running Studio Pro 3.5.4 in a Windows XP system, with a wacom Bamboo pen & touch. I guess the line-bug appeared after some transforming a whole layer... I'm not still used to the script recording but now I see it's a good idea to re-do my work.