ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Contrails over the City

Contrails over the City

driving home last night the sky was totally clear of clouds except for jet contrails that were so long and undisturbed that you could see the curve of the earth...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contrails over the City.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	504.0 KB 
ID:	61910  

Gary, that would have been quite a sight to see. We get a sky-full here in Iowa but the landscape (trees mostly) obliterate the long view and in the open the humidity does the job. Another great abstract! You should do some mildly abstract landscapes. I bet you'd do them up right!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Your textures are insuperable, especially when applied to Your geometrical composition and color schemes!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

jibes...thanks for the comments.. lately the sky has had some amazing colors due to the cold air from Alaska so driving home at dusk there are some amazing blues, bluegray and purples in the sky with just some hints of warm yellow from the sun...and the mountains are now white with 2 feet of snow from the last couple of days... I will think about your suggestion to do a mildly abstract landscape...

Caesar... glad you like the mix of texture grungy with geometrical mazelike quality of this work.. I have been experimenting with taking a painting and turning into a flat black and white and reducing the number of grays down so it is a near flat black and white.. then using it on another work in a new layer in multiply blend mode this act adds great texture to the color layer by locking the transparency of the layer you can constrain the effect to whatever you have just painted.
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 11-20-2011 at 05:49 AM.