ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi Folks,

I'm new around here so thought I would just say a hello.

I got ArtRage pro last night and enjoying it very much.

'Lo shugmonkey,

Glad to have you here. Hope you have a ball with AR as the majority of folk do.
    You'll find the general attitude here very supportive and helpful - including the software creators chipping in to answer technical questions when they have time. But most questions about AR's use you might think up have been answered by the excellent user base in the 'technical' sections'. That's if you haven't already dug up the answer yourself in the comprehensive manual that covers most aspects.

Also you'll find you can expand your brushes with freebies very kindly created and donated in the 'art supplies' section. There is even a free magazine driven by Bobby Ray Howle called ArtRageUs, that you will find access to in a sticky thread in the general section. Plus an ebook of tutorials - also free.

Enjoy.
    Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thank you very much for the welcome Nick.

Glad to hear it's a chilled forum you got going on.

Well so far I'm loving ArtRage. Just the instant satisfaction and user interface was what bought it for me.

I'm going to check out the tutorials and all the other goodies around here.

Thanks again!

The user interface is a big favourite and rightly so shugmankey. You'll find a lot of agreement about that among the folk here. I 'm firmly one of that crowd.

May you have many hours of creative fun, and don't be shy about posting your works in the gallery section here - and feel free to start threads showing work in progress or to ask for advice. I think there's a rule that you won't be able to do that until you've made ten posts, but after that it's 'off you go'.

We all look forward to getting to know you better.
    Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Well I went on a mission last night looking for alternatives to painter and Photoshop.

I've never got on well with painter sadly. Photoshop is fine but I was looking for certain feel and look to pen work that didn't take ages to make or customize.

The user interface was a big part too. So I went looking around and bingo! I found ArtRage. I had to double take on the price. I thought "It's only that much?" lol.

Cool understood. I've put 3 sketches up in the gallery section I did since buying ArtRage. Just looking round now to see what other people are up to and I must say I'm loving what I see.

Hi and welcome to the addictive world of ARTRAGE Shugmonkey, its so much fun as I am sure you will find out as you work your way around it
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks for the welcome coops

Oh yes! I'm getting very addicted to ArtRage. Been messing about with all day!