ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: metallic bug?

Question metallic bug?

hy ArtRage guys,

I think I might have found a bug:
    when opening ArtRage Studio Pro v3.5.4, the colour wheel is showing 0% metallic, but after applying paint on the canvas it's evident that the paint is metallic.
    moving the metallic slider to 100% and back solves the problem (paint becomes non-metallic as expected), so it's not a big deal, just confusing when starting to paint

I've attached some screenshots and a script.

• 1. screenshot of how ArtRage (colour wheel -> metallic) looks after starting a new painting.
      note that the "metallic" slider is set to zero, but the paint obviously is metallic.
    • 2. a script I recorded - all I did was open ArtRage, click "record script", paint, watch what happens
    • 3. screenshot of how ArtRage (colour wheel -> metallic) looks when playing back the script - interestingly enough, the metallic slider is set to 100% although this was NOT the case when opening ArtRage and starting to paint/record (compare with screenshot #1).

this doesn't happen every time I open up ArtRage - I guess it depends on the percentage of metallic paint having been used in the last painting I saved.
    however, when starting a new painting in ArtRage, it should show accurate settings for metallic colour to avoid confusion

thanks for looking into this

1. metallic 0% (opening ArtRage):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111115_metallic bug 1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	264.3 KB 
ID:	61855

2. get the script

3. metallic 100% (playing script):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111115_metallic bug 2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	61856
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Thanks for the info! I've taken a look at this here and while ArtRage appears to be storing the metallic state between sessions, the display when you launch it isn't reflecting that. I've added this to our list to look into for a future update.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thanks Dave
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)