ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: printable resolution

printable resolution

Hi, I've trawled the technical section and haven't found the answer I need, but am very sorry if I've missed it.

I'm running into problems getting images printed off because the resolution is too low. (I'm just after a 25x15cm image on Tshirts.) I've sent the company concerned every one of the file sorts you can export with, but they were too low res. I upgraded from AR2.6 to studio, and amended the jpeg size, but that was still too low. The company want a pdf or vector, so I bought the 'Pdf pro10' package and converted the original ptg file (created in AR 2.6) to pdf, but it's still no good for them to print from.
    I'm working in Windows Vista.

I'm very much a newbie - am I just doing something stupid?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Islander; 11-16-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: More info as requested in the DaveRage post

Did you also set the dpi to 300?

When you set up your page dimensions. Put in 300 where it says Pixels /inch.
    300 is the size you want for print. 72 is for web and onscreen.

When creating your painting ( File -> New Painting ) click on 'Print Size' then enter the dimensions e.g. 25 x 15 cm. You can change the dimension type by clicking on it and selecting the one you want. For print, you'll also need to know the required DPI. The printing company should be able to tell you what that will be. Enter that in the DPI box and then your new painting should be at the desired size and resolution.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you.

Thanks so much to DaveRage and Shugmonkey - I really appreciate your time.

I'll make all those changes and try again - T-shirts Ahoy!

Pritable resolution

Hi,
    I tried everything suggested, and got a much better image thanks, but I still can't seem to export in a usable format to be printed from.

I'm using the latest version of Studio, on Windows Vista.

I bought a pdf creator, but the print company says the pdfs I send have been created from Jpegs so are not good enough - I create the pdf through the print function direct from the original artrage image though.

Is there a way to create EPS, or Vector Illustrator files that avoid the pixelization that seems to be the problem?

Thanks

Working with Heigh resolution

Hi,

When I set a high resolution, AR works really slowly.
    What can we do to improve this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Hi,

When I set a high resolution, AR works really slowly.
    What can we do to improve this situation
    You can turn off canvas lighting effects (f5), which will decrease the "eyecandy" AR has to render, improving performance. Keep layer count down.

Aside from that, the only thing you can really do is throw better hardware at it. A more powerful cpu, specifically, to combat brush lag. If you want to work with large files, you need a reasonable amount of ram, as well. At least 4gb if on a 64 bit Operating System.
    Last edited by ScottC; 12-17-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Hearts of Space
    The only thing I put in my ears while working.