ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beech wood in autumn

Beech wood in autumn

Loosely from a reference with the mouse. Quite relaxing ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autumnal Beech Wood.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	61678  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Softly muffled footsteps in the damp fall forest. . . Ah yes. . . quite relaxing indeed. . . Nice vacation moment, Caesar. Thanks!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar.. your landscapes work really well with your painting style... this is a quite beautiful work... recalling moments walking in a damp forest with thick leaves underfoot.. the tree again is a magnificent study in form ,structure, and color.. as is the mossy cover...

Bravo Caesar! One can almost smell the dampness. Like Gary has said, love the mosses.

A beauty indeed Caesar , I feel like I could be walking in my back yard

It's like in a fairy tale...and the tree is almost like a giant's foot. Encourages fantasies

Super fine image Ceasar! I love the look of the moss on the roots of the big tree.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I want to go walking there…. Very good painting
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

Thank You, D Akey! It was relaxing also to draw it with chalk. I didn't push so as to use different sheet types or other tools and support improving realism, but time consuming, because I found that the colors and shapes scheme was good enough to please.

Dear Gary, my unstyled style (I can vaguely see anyway) is quite often the most manual, trick-free, shortcut-less, and de-procedurized approach and execution ... I'm therefore glad when I may nontheless communicate visually some story or feeling or view in their essence.
    So, thank You very much!

Thank You, dear Tony! This may be possibly be a nice walk also for whom has rheumatisms, arthrosis or arthrisis!

You're really lucky dear Jean if You have such a park in Your backyard. Apart from the urban parks in here, I should travel out of Rome for no less than 20 min towards some one of closest mountains to enjoy this kind of deciduous woods. Thank You!

You hit the point, dear Gaia. I painted this natual view picture thinking it could be one of the scenarios of some tale or fantasy book. It also made me think of Boxy wonderful illustrations of his Piggoty story. The difference, in terms of palette, is that here we tend to have a fairly luminous weather more often.

Thank You, dear Jibes. I didn't over-detail any part (also because of the mouse), but I tried to work a little to tones and intensities to separate the various ranges. It should probably be seen not to close and leave the brain completing the image.

Thank You, dear JMMK! We've got many woods like this on the Appennines running along our peninsula here in Italy. They're also good for mushroom, truffle, plenty of useful herbs and the various berries but I guess there are many similar ones all over the world to enjoy.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice Caesar, it is like a walk in my bush at this time of year only the leaves are about a foot deep in there at the moment.
    Geoff