ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlayLine

PlayLine

a play with the ink pen for a variety of lines..so much flotsam in the ocean of the creative... or more to the point a tangled plot stranded , convoluted with many threads woven into the structure on the stage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playline.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	421.7 KB 
ID:	61640  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 11-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.

This time You selected a vertical sheet so it has to be probably read upside down or viceversa, depending which type of stratography it would suggest to our mind. The vertical axis may either be a space or time dimension and the inhabitants, objects, genealogical tree or fossiles of the various layers would be differently interpreted.
    Let's look for a key then and enjoy this basket of wonders!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar glad you liked my "core sample" style of representing the playline of the story....

Gary, I won't pretend that I understand your paintings but that doesn't stop me from admiring them. The intricacies in this piece are sublime.

I hear music while looking at your paintings

Tony867....thanks Tony I am glad you allow yourself to appreciate the work even if the title or subject is somewhat abstract or non existent.. they are like listening to music, smelling bread, hearing the leaves rustle in the wind.. if you are open to it it will speak..

Thanks Gaia... I am glad you can hear the "music" of the work...

And i see people, in the concert hall, clapping and whistling...because the music and its painting is and was.... wonderfull!!

Gary:

In jest I thought about the 20 million tons of tsunami debris heading for the Oregon coast. Above and below it, tranquil tranquil royal blue sky and sea. The sea and sky as a conveyer relentlessly carries this technological entanglement east.

I don't need to be right. I just enjoy the stimulus.

Me and a lot of others have tried to give words to you the color
    objects, articles, items, artifacts, gadgets, contrivances, utensils, implements; whatsit, what-d'you-call-it, what's-its-name, what's-it, whatchamacallit, thingummy, thingy, thingamabob, thingamajig, doodad, doohickey, doojigger, dingus.

Here is another idea. Gary is an advocate of the Butterfly Effect, small differences in initial conditions yield widely diverging outcomes creating how extremely complex effects. Gary's juxtaposition of items forming a loose order in an harmonious balance of color, shape and form in a comprehensive fashion that loosely suggest something intangible but vaguely familiar.

Otherwise its tsunami debris headed your way.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Hey. GZ. Got it. Green lines top and bottom. Then the picture is
    Clear. There's this old shah? Mandarin? Not sure which but going by
    The gear he's wearing all. Embroidered he's got plenty of Toot
    He's just come up in the lift and he's carrying his Fav cubin girlfriend
    In his arms he's on tiptoes so his wife can't hear them but. Too late
    She' looking threw the slats. So he' in stool. Yeah

At one point, GHX, you had mentioned that frames seem to be imposing themselves into your paintings and you were interested in exploring that.

The observation occurred to me on this one that in fact that one observable way is that the frames were working their way all the way into the painting in which they are no longer border treatments separating the painting from the outside world, but that they are featuring very keenly elements within the painting itself. Brilliant!

It's a way to isolate or hone down a visual thought, and assemble the individualities setting up a relationship. And the frames thus seem to become more like linking and relationship spawning rather than separators. I think of conjunctions in language like 'and', 'or', 'but', 'neither-nor', 'both-and' etc. Very important in language. And you are making it very important in your work.

Clever and well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream