ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Color Swap/Color Switch Key

Color Swap/Color Switch Key

I use the color swap/switch key in Photoshop and Painter (X key) which then could be set to my Wacom preferences. It would be nice to have a color switch option with ArtRage. I do a lot of work that is black and white and would love to switch on the go without having to manually pick these colors hundreds of time in a sitting.

If its possible to do please let me know how.

It sounds like you're switching between foreground and background colour in Photoshop. ArtRage doesn't have a background colour, we use a canvas for the background.

However, you can use colour samples to store colours which can then be selected by clicking on them when you next need them. Click the samples button then click 'add local sample' to add the new colour. These colours are stored with your painting so you can use them in later sessions. They can be displayed with and without names ( just choose the option you prefer in the colour sample menu in the colour sample panel ). if you're using ArtRage 2, press S or go to the View Menu to show the colour samples panel. There isn't a shortcut key for switching between colour swatches in any version of ArtRage however.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hey DaveRage,

Thank you for responding. I have yet to use the color sample panel though its always there and I should have figured it out. I think this makes things easier to make sure I get the exact color I want that I constantly use. It would also be great in future versions to be able to switch between these color samples. Maybe making two colors the current and last color choice while leaving the other 4 available as well.