Thread: Real paint paint artists often disgust ArtRagers. Your experience?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Real paint paint artists often disgust ArtRagers. Your experience?

Since I found ArtRage I told my traditional canvas, paint and brushes 'good bye'. With ArtRage I paint much more and on a higher level. I do not have the smell of oil paint, thinners and mediums in the house. I don't have to spend tons of euros for painting materials and canvasses. I do not need physical storage...

When I meet real paint paint artists I get often negative critics from the moment I tell that I paint digitally. Isn't it the final result of an art piece: the subject, the story behind it, the composition, the brush technique, the colour treatment, the afterwork/finishing touch which counts rather than it is done with real of digital paint? When I show those artists my virtual museum exposition (the Briex Museum) , you see a true disbelieve and dislike on their faces. Not all, I have to admit there are some who see the fun of which I'm doing and presenting: even this they see that as art. Though many real paint paint artists talk very snobish and I guess they see ArtRagers as a thread for themselves. By the way, I do not let me dis-encourage, it is even stimulating to 'fight' against the traditional thinking artists.

What are your experiences?
    Last edited by Briex; 11-08-2011 at 02:27 AM.