Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spongy Brushes (Sticker Spray Presets)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    If you could flatten them at your convenience, it would be appreciated. No hurry, but I sure would be able to share them and use them for more applications if they were flat. Thanks!!

A little late, because of work and a slight cold, but here are the flattened versions of the Stickers and some Sticker Spray Presets for them: an LINK. One of the presets is new and shifts the luminance (the one named: Splat L-Shift), but the other three are identical to the presets for the 3D versions. I included the Splat L-Shift, because I thought it might work well with your watercolor themes.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-29-2017 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Updated Resource Link
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you very much. I look forward to trying these out and sharing them with others. Your change on the luminance makes a lot of sense. Exciting!

Sos, I was trying these out today, and I can already see a great. Umber of applications for these flat sponges. Wonderful!!

A question though. What's the Luminance one supposed to do that's different? I tried them out, and I'm feeling like the difference must be subtle. I was assuming it had to do with opacity/value? But then the "normal" one seems to relate opacity to pressure already, so I was confused. Thought here might be applications I might miss out on cells lack of understanding of the tool.

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I really appreciate the time you've spent helping out with this thing. You're a great help on these boards. We're clearly lucky to have you here.

Thanks for the kind words, SteveB.

The opacity is controlled by the pen pressure, but the Luminance shift is handled randomly. The luminance is what makes the sticker brighter or darker This is not the same as transparency, because it's the control of how much white or black is added to the color, rather then how clear it is. So in order to really see the difference, you'd need to use full pressure while painting with a single color (see image below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lumshift1.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	66350

To apply this idea to another preset as an example, try this: Take the Spongy Flat preset, open the variations panel, and increase the Random/Luminance dial to 15%. Using it, you should get what you see at the top of the image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lumshift.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	66351

Ah, ok. With a bit of luminance and hue set to a low setting on random (in the 5-15% range), you can really get some interesting results. This is very exciting! I'm now going to try this on a host of others stickers-- for example, I could see these sorts of settings being beautiful with the Triangular Choas brush from Juz's Grunge stickers. I'm sure it'll work with others as well. That's for ... "illuminating" this. Wacka wacka wacka!

Thank you so very much!

Im gobsmacked

Just when I thought I was getting ahead - kersplat

That splat variation panel looks fiendish, where do you begin?

5 gold stars

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    Just when I thought I was getting ahead - kersplat

That splat variation panel looks fiendish, where do you begin?
    I normally start with the Hue, Luminance and Saturation, because they hardly ever change for me. Since I stick to the recommend Pure Red sticker color, I can always depend on the same settings for the those three dials, under the Tracing H (H = Hue), Tracing L (L = Luminance), and Tracing S (S = Saturation) columns. I then move on to Alpha, either setting to a specific transparency by shifting it's dial under the Tracing Alpha column, or setting it adjust dynamically via my tablet pens pressure using the dial under the Pen Pressure column (in the case of the image you're referring to, I used the Tracing Alpha, meaning it'll use either the color I have selected in the color picker, or it'll pick up whatever color my be in the Tracing layer of the painting). I then go for the Scale settings, and normally change the dials for either the Base Value or the Pen Pressure columns. The rest is a toss up, depending completely on the type of sticker sheet I'm using and what I plan to do with the preset. In this case, the sticker sheet held multiple stickers, so I increased the Sheet Row, and Sheet Column dials to draw from the sticker sheet at random. They were both set to 100%, which means that the entire sheet will be accounted for, so no sticker will be left unused. To add more variance to that randomness, I set the Rotation dial under the Random column to 100% as well, so the stickers would be placed down at random degrees. Also under the random column, I set the Luminance dial to 15%. The Luminance changes the brightness of each sticker as it's placed. If it were turned all the way up 100%, I'd end up with pure black and White marks being mixed in, so I left it low. Finally, I changed the Offset dial, under the Base Value up 30% (give or take), which allowed for the sticker sheets to drift off center from the point of my cursor. It allows for a more varied result.

I have recently received a request from another forum member asking how to create a certain effect with the sticker spray, so you'll likely find a more in depth tutorial about this later on this week at some point.

These are great Thank You
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    – Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Fantastic. Will certainly make good use of these. Thank you