ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recording and playing scripts?

Unhappy Recording and playing scripts?

I use Mac and I have ArtRage Studio 3 and ArtRage App for iPad too.
    I have tried for so many days now to understand how the script works but I go nuts.
    Today I found an excellent tutorial on YouTube made ​​by the eminent 'someonesane', and was very intrigued to see that the "record script" is missing from my menu bar under File. I attach a screenshot how it looks at my desktop. No record script option in the File menu.

My problem number 2: When painting on my iPad I have no problem to switch the recorder on.
    But - when I open an iPad painting in my computer AR and chose 'Play Script' they are inactive. I attach a screenshot of that too

Can someone please help me explain what I am doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hmm... I think you'll need to wait for the ArtRage team to get back to you on this. As far as I know, both versions of AR Studio, and the iPad version, allow for recording, so the option should be there. Unless the Mac version handles things differently, anyway. Does hitting F11 do anything? I think that's the default shortcut for starting a recording (on PC's anyway).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanx someonesane! Hitting F11 didn't give anything :-(

Btw, your tutorial were really good, you are so pedagogic, so I hope I will enjoy them when these first problems are solved

Hi,
    as for my understanding, AR Studio Pro is required for recording. Other versions should be able to play scripts though. See feature list of v3.5:
    http://www.artrage.com/artrage-whatsnew.html

also announcement introducing v3.5 says this:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ight=Scripting

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
    Thanx someonesane! Hitting F11 didn't give anything :-(

Strandy may be right about the recording being exclusive to the Pro version. If that's the case, the AR team will have to revise their .PDF features list, because it says it's allowed in the regular Studio version:
    Name:  recscriptpdf.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  84.2 KB
    Btw, your tutorial were really good, you are so pedagogic, so I hope I will enjoy them when these first problems are solved

Thanks . I hope you'll find a use for them.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Strandy View Post
    Hi,
    as for my understanding, AR Studio Pro is required for recording. Other versions should be able to play scripts though. See feature list of v3.5:
    http://www.artrage.com/artrage-whatsnew.html

also announcement introducing v3.5 says this:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ight=Scripting
    Matt from AR promised me in an earlier thread that the script would work in AR Studio. I go someoneinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Strandy may be right about the recording being exclusive to the Pro version. If that's the case, the AR team will have to revise their .PDF features list, because it says it's allowed in the regular Studio version:
    Name:  recscriptpdf.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  84.2 KB

Thanks . I hope you'll find a use for them.
    Exactly, Matt promised that it would work, but it does not. I hope one day I get use of your brilliant tutorials

Matt said that you could play back scripts in Artrage Studio, which you can do, as you wanted to take scripts from your iPad and play them back on your computer.

To record scripts on your iPad:

When you create a new painting from the gallery by tapping 'new painting', you will see an option called 'script recorder'. Turn it on.

This automatically records your painting

When you have finished your painting and saved it to your gallery, when you tap the export button you will see the option 'export recorder script'. If you choose the option 'send to itunes' the script file will be in the same place as all your paintings, so you can save this to your computer e.g. mypainting.arscript.

This script file can then be played back in ArtRage Studio by choosing the option File -> Play Script.

You can find information on script recording and playback on your iPad by tapping the help button in ArtRage, then tapping 'Files' and scrolling down to the 'recording paintings' section.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hello again Dave,
    I studied the PDF features list (that Matt linked to) carefully before buying AR, and it says it's allowed to record script in the regular Studio version. If I'd known it wasn't I had bought the Pro version so I feel somehow disappointed.

Now I have followed your instruction to export recorder script from the iPad, and this time it worked great and I finally understand what kind of files I should look for.
    BUT - I have now tried to play the script of the painting above, and at first everything looks fine, but suddenly a dark layer is on the top and hides the rest, so the final result is horrible.

When I start the script player it says that the script may not run correctly because it was built with ArtRage Pro!!??
    Well, here I am with Studio version and feel quite frustrated.
    I attach screenshots of the message in the script player and the final outcome of the painting above, after playing script.

It feels like I'm standing outside the candy store, looking through the window. Can't reach the candy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skarmdump4.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	61616  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like there's an error in the PDF, we'll check in to that. As you are not trying to record scripts using the desktop computer however that shouldn't be what's causing the problem for you.

The warning you are seeing indicates that the script you are playing was recorded in a version of ArtRage that may contain features not supported in the version playing the script back. It does not mean that the sript definitely contains features unsupported in your version. To see what's happening we're going to need to take a look at one of your script files directly. Please send an email to support@artrage.com and we can sort out getting one of the files from you to take a look at directly. If the arscript file isn't too big (10mb or less in size) you can email that with your mail, otherwise we'll have to get the file from you another way.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.