ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dashed box with red X below?

Dashed box with red X below?

I was working along fine learning as I go but today I keep coming across a small square dashed box with a red x below, smack dab in the middle of my canvas. I've read through the manual and cannot find it there. Can someone please tell me what this means and how it got there and how I can make it go away???

Thanks so much,
    Ellen

Smile

I think you are trying to paint on a hidden (invisible) layer

check if the layer you want to paint on is highlighted in the layer panel, and check if it is visible (if you made it invisible, it will show a different "eye" icon).

to clarify I took a screenshot from one of my ArtRage paintings, and an excerpt of the Help Manual:

[click to enlarge]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hidden layer AR.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	298.2 KB 
ID:	61551

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hidden layer.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	61550

hope that helps
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

That works! Still learning about layers.....thank you so much!!!

you're very welcome

don't panic just ask any questions here in the forums, there's lots of people willing to help out

have fun!
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

It may also have been the selection tool warning, since you say there was a dashed box on the panel. It would've looked like this:
    Name:  dashedbox.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  3.5 KB
    If you run into the same issue in the future, and MSIE's suggestion about a hidden layer does fix it, you may also want to try Edit > Deselect All, to ensure that there are no overlooked selections made.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.