ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joy without Alloy

Joy without Alloy

a musical / color composition on a very beautiful autumn day..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joy without Alloy.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	508.7 KB 
ID:	61363  

Damn...these are so cool... I marvel at your ability to come up with a different and delightful abstract design....

Kenmo... thanks.... takes a bit to bring something fresh to a work each time...

I really like this one.

Thanks EB nice of you to say...

I love when the music takes on shades of color as if there was one last gala were to be held, one more flourish. Everything is in flux and seems a tussle, but the music plays warm and melodic as leaves rustle harmonic.

Your ideas are so unique. And I am probably far off with my interpretation. It doesn't matter. It is that you throw out the idea. And we quizzically explore.

I am glad you share your insight.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Music and colors go so well together... and you are expressing this theme so originally.... love the colors you used, Gary. :-)

PD you have captured my intent very well in words, and for that I am most appreciative... thanks for your great comment!

AT-TA .... thanks I am thrilled you like this exploration and the colors... it seemed to flow out...

I particularly love these last few, GXH. You seem to have come up with some pretty engaging work.

The craftsmanship gives me a presentation format that tells me you have worked something out and then displayed it. It invites me to sit down and "listen" to you because you have given me a starting point which is farther than where I would normally begin. Not bad for the artist to do that.

I guess abstraction is like music without lyrics or cinema. There's all kinds of approaches, but there's an essential component to it. By itself without context, it can set a tone that can be astonishingly deep. It can get into those hard to reach places. In a way, it can be like looking into a crystal or something.

If you recall the old experiments with sensory deprivation, this isn't exactly that, except that by removing the subject, which usually engages the viewer's mind etc, it produces a void that the mind is unused to not having filled. And thus the mind will fill it with remarkable things of it's own -- stuff that floats up from inside.

A heavy handed analogy is to imagine walking down a street early in the morning and smelling a bakery that is out of view. It stirs things, and maybe evokes a memory that was well out of reach consciously because it didn't have use in one's day to day life. It goes inside. And if it's the right smell, tone, melody, colors, shapes, etc. one has the possibility of going deeper, perhaps even into new experiences. And for the viewer that can be anything. It may even be the catalyst for their next step on the journey.

Anyway, these are really great mile markers on your journey. IMHO. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I can see the lyres and the stave where You create and generate the colorful notes of joy, a most serene and confident type of it rather than a busting one I'd say.
    Excellent!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!