ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Eagles Beak

In the Eagles Beak

a native american tone ..like a sand painting..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In the Eagles Beak.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	61326  

Taking shape, GHX! Love seeing your steps of change. Love this one for the variations on the theme -- the variety of marks. Were it music I would call it choral or symphonic.

Looks more careful with the strokes in the perimeter layer in this one to mention one part. Overall, this one seems more evaluated graphically as well as the attention to the nature of the marks and color selection. One of the gazillion possible approaches. In a way, you appear like a working actor, gaining skills and crafting a new monologue.

I like the idea of the sand painting and the temporal quality of it. Especially poignant when one is rapidly exploring. Always pushing forward. So rather than winds erasing a sand painting, it's as if you move both like the artist and the wind. Creating and moving, creating and moving. The best part is that you do each painting seriously and seem to dialog with it while you're on it.

As to the title, I can see an interpretation of a snake in a beak and the feathers and so on.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

dAkey ... thanks for your elaboration on this one. It was taken much slower and the colors and marks were more closely selected for equivalent tones and earth colors .. the process is one of creation and movement as you say...As always your words are food for thought and consideration.. and much appreciated.

Another excellent abstract painting.... Always look forward to 'em.....

Kenmo.... many thanks....it is always nice to have your constant support and comments..

Gary, another fantastic abstract, with great colors and of course that wonderful texture and design

I like this design GX
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

love it. has amazing eye appeal.

Pat and Amanda thank you so much for your appreciative comments..

screenpainter... so glad you like the design and colors...

Very beautiful! At first I interpreted it as a regatta, with many sails challenging each other ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!