ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Using Ink Pen

Using Ink Pen

I can draw freehand thin lines with the ink pen tool (using my wacom tablet and pen) but when I hold down the CTRL key to draw a straight line it gives me a lot thicker line! Strange! I set the size to 10 and tried all the tools. All but the watercolour and ink pen gave the same thickness for freehand and straight lines! Why?

Pressure affects the thickness of the watercolour and ink pen strokes fairly significantly. When you use the Ctrl shortcut to draw a straight line, pressure is fixed at an amount that generates a line using the current Pressure Setting value of the tool. When you paint manually, you're probably applying less pressure so your strokes aren't necessarily as large. Other tools don't vary on pressure as much so the effect won't be as obvious.

Adjust the tool size to the size you want the stroke to be, set the Pressure dial to 50% for the tool and you should see the strokes drawn at the size indicated in the tool picker.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Using Ink Pen

It worked! Had to lower the pressure down from 50% to under 10%
    Many thanks.