ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smiling hero

Smiling hero

usually I sketch people when I am sitting on the subway, but this one is from my head and I actually have a plan with it. I will try to make him a kind of hero who maybe is a bit in love with him self. So here is what I think is a quite good startingpoint. ... time will tell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smilinghero.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	61131  

This is an excellent start, i cant wait to see the final color product

mike
    Mbrienza

Cant wait to see....

As I excessively use AR for painting from imagination (yes, I hate photos), this project makes me especially interested in the outcome. I revisited recently your "Space Pioneer" in the gallery and can see already some points in common with that great painting Looking forward to see it in finished form.
    Last edited by Strandy; 10-23-2011 at 08:14 AM.

"Space Pioneer" is my alltime high so its a bit scary to start on this one. I was actually thinking that this character might be his evil steph brother or something, .... but I think i might go for a more cartoonish style, ... or I might not

Anyway, here is some colortests. One of them is from PS, the other two are from Ar and my iPad.

My plan is to finish the painting with Ar studio pro.

Thank you for watching
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hehe, you tied the both guys together by psychology. No matter what your artistic decision might be, they are made of the same psychological material. Alone the way their eyes look, says they are both of explorer typ. They ere looking not toward the horizon, but far above this limit. This is the way, the professionals look at the unknown... Looking at the unknown is their daily job in another words. It has nothing to do with being in love with him self. The same, or even more applies to "Space Pioneer"

Either way it requires pure talent to get this sort of stuff painted, and you got it once for all. Just my honest opinion.
    Last edited by Strandy; 10-27-2011 at 03:56 AM.

That is very nice of you to say Strandy
    Here is the finished iPad version of this painting. I am working on another one in PS, and the plan is to do the final painting in AR studio pro.

Any comments regarding colors and composition are more than welcome

Name:	nr20.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	61428  

Wow!
    I also think, the right perspective is somehow better than left. The transparent part of his helmet looks very convincing and and still in good harmony with the futuristic materials of another parts. Hmm... I don't think, I understand his rucksack or spine equipment correctly. But hey, it's SiFi after all...

Very nice progress, as far as we can see.

love your style. great stuff.

I am trying to take this further. I am not happy with the colors yet so I tried some inking instead. ...personal projects really takes a lot of time, agree?

Name:	intervju_small.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	63792